The task of the research area is to investigate and deal with pollutant emissions and energy consumption from motor vehicles. Research activities include measurements on chassis dynamometers and engine test beds as well as testing with on-board measurement systems and developing and applying models that simulate the fuel consumption and emissions of motor vehicles with conventional and alternative propulsion systems.
The software developed in this research area ranges from development tools for industry to emission inventories for cities and countries for the purpose of environmental monitoring.
Ao.Univ.-Prof. DI Dr. Stefan Hausberger
- Measurement of emissions and energy consumption of vehicles
- Detailed simulation of
- Simulation of alternative propulsion systems (HEV, PHEV, REX, BEV.)
- Development of test cycles from real world driving behaviour
- Simulation of emissions for local, regional and global monitoring tasks.
- Chassis dynamometer for passenger cars and heavy duty vehicles
(Roller Test Bed for Heavy Duty Vehicles)(Chassis Dynamometer for Light Duty Vehicles)
- Transient engine test bed for heavy duty vehicle engines
- Measurement system for particulate number emissions in steady state and transient conditions
- On-Board measurement system for velocity, engine load, emissions and fuel consumption of vehicles
(Portable emission measurement system (PEMS))